KOBE is an independent security and automation company founded in response to the commercial requirement for our particular expertise in the areas of access control and closed circuit television. We aim to lead the way in work health and safety (WHS) within our industry. Members of our Organisation apply quality and safety standards that have been established to protect our clients, our contractors, our workers and members of the public. The philosophy of our Organisation is to ensure that our work is undertaken safely, with a high level of integrity and quality.
This is achieved by maintaining an Integrated Management System (IMS) which incorporates and enables compliance to the requirements of AS/NZS 45001, and covers the activities of our operation.
The IMS has the objective of eliminating work-related injury and illness by:
- Conforming to legislative requirements, being the Act, Regulations or Codes of Practice;
- Managing risks associated with our business activities;
- Providing and maintaining a work environment without risks to health and safety;
- Enabling consultation and participation with workers around work health and safety matters;
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and structures;
- Providing and maintaining safe systems of work;
- Ensuring the safe use handling and storage of plant, structures and chemicals;
- Providing adequate facilities for the welfare at work of workers in carrying out work for KOBE, including ensuring access to those facilities;
- Providing adequate facilities for the welfare at work of workers in carrying out work for KOBE Pty Ltd, including ensuring access to those facilities;
- Providing any information training, instruction or supervision that is necessary;
- Monitoring the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace for the purpose of preventing illness or injury of workers arising from work performed by KOBE; and
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets to chart our progress.
We request the personal cooperation and commitment of people working within our Organisation, whether they are workers, contractors or clients, to help us achieve our “Zero Harm” objective.
Please abide by our safety rules and report unsafe conditions. Also be involved and committed to a continuing program that will ensure a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for everyone. Your contribution is valued.